Hi guys! I haven’t been blogging a lot lately. Been busy with work and other things outside of work. I have recently been part of this pageant in our office which is the search for the company’s image model and I want to share to you guys photos from this event.
I am honestly not a pageant-girl but have I have walked for fashion shows for work purposes. I just don’t like the feeling that I have to compete with other ladies for a title. That’s just my personal opinion. I’m happy to have been part of this event.
I have put extra effort on my makeup but as you can see I didn’t put much of an effort on my hair. I honestly just towel dried my hair and combed it. Luckily we have hair stylists and makeup artists there for the event. One of them hair-iron straightened my hair. My hair was a disaster on my evening gown look but I love it. I’m comfortable and that’s just me. I didn’t intend to be over glammed up.
Photo credits (below) to Al Cardenas
Photo credits to Ecko Luis
I didn’t win the title but I was so happy for my friend/team mate Jenn who won a special award for Miss Photogenic. So proud coz I did her makeup! I didn’t win any special awards that night but was part of the top 5. I was the first one called. I honestly didn’t expect it because, 1) I didn’t spent money for this pageant (well except for food and my makeup). 2) I didn’t win any special awards. And 3) I don’t have that huge of fan-base.
It was a nerve racking experience because I was first called for the question and answer portion and I’m so scared I might go on a mental block or answer too much weirdness. The question was, if my name will be put on the dictionary, what would it mean and why? I totally don’t remember my answer but I remember saying that my name would mean optimistic and hardworking. Besides that it’s my personality, I want people to feel that when they used that word which is my name, it will serve its positive purpose (the hell I really don’t know where did that came from). Each contestant was able to answer well and I’m just happy and relieved for everyone. The one that I speculated who would win actually won. I’ve thought it because, 1) I honestly think she nailed her photo for the pre pageant, 2) she performs well, 3) she really have a huge fan base. Congrats to Gelly! (I wish I know her full name)
I’ll update my blog soon as I was able to get good photos from the pageant.
It was quite an experience but I swore to myself that this would be the last pageant that I’ll be joining. I really feel that I’m kinda old for this kind of stuff and I want to focus on my work and becoming a makeup artist (please support me on this venture!) I wanted to end this blog post about:
Tips on joining beauty pageants if you’re not a pageant-girl (Yep! You’ve read that right)
1. Take good care of your skin.
– remember its a beauty pageant. Always hydrate. Don’t sleep with your makeup on. Wash your face with your trusted face wash and don’t forget that a toner is a must plus your moisturizer.
2. Ensure you have a good makeup on you.
– it’s either you learn from the internet or get a friend to do your makeup for you.
3. Always attend rehearsals.
– you get to know your co-contestants well and share tips. Also you don’t want to miss out any changes in the flow of the show.
4. Have a good support system.
– those are your family and friends. They will keep you motivated.
5. Be thankful.
– its not all the time that you’ll be joining this kind of event. The fact that you were chosen to join is because people believe you have a potential. 🙂
I would love to know what you think about this blog! Please leave a comment below. Thanks again for reading! 😉