After a long working week in the office and sometimes (or most of the time) we eat fast food or we even pack food on the go. We rarely enjoy our food in the office. The weekend is a good way to rest and do some home cooking and enjoy your food at the comfort of our own home.
Indoor Grilled Garlic Pepper Chicken
On today’s blog I wanted to share a home recipe I made last weekend. Been eating chicken for a week now. Because I need to increase my protein intake. So I don’t want to cook it the regular way (eg. fried). I want it grilled and flavorful.
Serves 2-3 persons
• 8 pieces Chicken leg/drumstick (you may replace it with other parts but works best for breast, wings and drumstick)
• 1 1/2 cup softened Butter
• 2-3 tablespoons ground Black Pepper
• 1 tablespoon spanish Paprika (if you want it extra spicy you can opt for Cayenne Pepper)
• 7 pieces minced Garlic cloves
• George Foreman Electric Griller (any griller that you prefer)
• Aluminum Foil Wrap
• Rubber spatula
• Gas stove & Frying Pan (I improvised in case you don’t have an indoor griller)
- Preheat the ones you’re going to use for cooking. In this chicken recipe, I used both the indoor griller and the frying pan (& gas stove).
- Ensure that your chicken are unfrozen, soft and lean-to-touch. What I usually do is defrost them by soaking the chicken into a basin of tap water (with plastic of course). Once defrosted, I put it in a bowl. Microwave it in medium heat for 1 min. and 30 seconds.
- For the batter (or marinade), I mix the butter in a bowl. Until its extra soft (like the consistency on the picture below).
- Add the minced garlic. The garlic is minced to add extra flavor. This makes the chicken more tasty.
- Combine the Black Pepper and Paprika on your mixture. Mix thoroughly. You should get a golden brown mixture because of the butter and paprika combined
- Time to put spread your mixture onto the chicken. The good thing here is you don’t need to soak the chicken to the mixture for a long time since we’ll be wrapping it and grilling it.
- Prepare your aluminum foil on a long plate. Ensure that the foil is big enough to cover at least 4 pieces of chicken. TIP: You may add more pepper and paprika even after you marinated the chicken
- Cover the chicken with the aluminum foil and place it on the griller. I’ve used both ways as shown on the photo below. As much as possible we wouldn’t want it fried. Keeping it healthy by grilling 🙂
Good thing with this indoor grill is it’s designed to drain the excess marinade (or fat. depends on what you’re grilling) Both grilling ways delivered good results. Smells so tasty!
And here’s my Indoor Grilled Garlic Pepper Chicken. 🙂 ♥
Are you going to try this recipe? 🙂 let me know in the comments below or contact me here, and be sure to leave any requests for any posts you’d like to read here on my blog! Please feel free to share this blog. Thanks for reading! 😉